Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Post-Transplant Update: 19 May 2020

I haven't updated anything simply because I had not yet heard back from the Transplant Clinic doctors regarding the biopsy. I have an appointment with them this coming Thursday (21 May), and I am hoping we will have an understanding of what is happening, and how we will proceed.

19 May 20 Labs:

*Creat:   3.20 (+0.27)

*HCT:   35.4 (-0.2) Low

*Hemo:   11.0 (-0.4) IR

*Lymph:   8.5 (-4.9) Very Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.6 (-0.2) Very Low

*Neut:   69.1 (-8.7) IR

*Neut ABS:   4.6 (NC) IR

*RBC:   3.89 (-0.07) Extremely Low

*WBC:   6.7 (+0.9) IR

*BUN:   46 (+4) Extremely High

*CA:   9.2 (-0.1) IR

*GFR:   20 (-3) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   114

*K+:   3.6 (-0.3) IR--but barely

*NA+:   138 (-1) IR

*MG:   2.1 (NC) IR

*Phos:   3.8 (-0.2) IR
       NC= No Change       IR= In Range

Obviously, there is lots to talk about on these labs; so let's start at the top with Creatinine.

Another big jump for no apparent reason. I can no longer correlate what this could mean because of all the other poor lab results.

The Hematocrit slid a bit further, completely erasing the gains I had seen over months.

The drop in Lymphocytes isn't surprising. With my kidney seeming to struggle, this is to be expected. Likewise with the Lymph ABS.

Even though the Neutrophils are in the proper range, I decided to add it today because I do not recalling this lab value ever being so low. It has historically hovered between 75-85. I have no idea why this change occurred, or if it will reverse next week.

Another result to slide again is the Red Blood Cells; but again, with the kidney struggling, this is not a surprise.

Lastly, the BUN and GFR. Bad, bad, bad! Especially so the GFR. The kidney is not filtering properly, and both of these results are glaring!

What this all means, I cannot even guess; but like I stated earlier, my appointment with the Transplant Clinic is on Thursday, and I will come away with a game plan on moving forward. 

I will try to get that doctor visit typed up on Friday.

Finally, if things continue proceeding towards getting re-listed for Transplant, I will have to rename the blog entries once again to reflect the next phase. It will be something along the lines of 'Transplant Rejection Update (date), or Rejection Update (date)'. I'll work on it.

So, until Friday, or so...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment