Sunday, November 3, 2019

Post-Transplant Update: 03 November 2019

[Though a couple of days late] As promised, here is my latest update that includes my lab results and the visit with my cardiologist. Let's begin with labs...


29 Oct 19 Labs

*Creat:   2.41

*HCT:   36.8 (+0.2) IR

*Hemo:   11.8 (+0.2) IR

*Lymph:   10.8 (-3.0) Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.8 (-0.1) Low

*Neut:   6.2 (+1.0) IR

*Neut ABS:   81 (+3.1) High

*RBC:   4.15 (+0.05) Very Low

*WBC:   7.7 (+1.1) IR

*BUN:   34 (-3) Very High

*CA:   9.3 (+0.3) IR

*GFR:   29 (+3) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   108

*K+:   4.5 (-0.3) IR

*NA+:   139 (+1) IR

*MG:   2.1 (+0.1) IR

*Phos:   3.3 (-0.2) IR
          NC= No Change     IR= In Range


*Urinalysis (U/A)


Appearance: Normal

Color:   Normal
Glucose, UR:   Negative
Hgb,UR:   Negative
Ketones, UR:   Negative
Leuk Esterase:   Negative
Nitrite:   Negative
pH, Urine:   6.0 (Normal Range is 5.0-8.5)
Prot, UR:   Negative
Specific Gravity, Urine:   1.013 (Normal Range is 1.003-1.030)
(*These results are exactly the same as each of the past 4 months!)

The labs are looking strong for the most part. My Creatinine took a nice .20 drop, which was unexpected.
The Hematocrit is up, and the Red Blood Count is at [I think] it's highest level yet. Though still 0.35 below the range minimum, it is great to know that the kidney continues communication with the bone marrow to continue producing RBC's. 
The Calcium is holding steady with my current intake of this vital mineral, and I'm seeing some better movement towards the proper ranges of the BUN and GFR.

On the downside, the Lymphocytes took another--and by now almost expected--downturn, dropping from 13.8 to 10.8. One of these days, I'll be able to watch this lab value rise to the proper level (between 20.0-29.0) and stay put. That will be a fabulous day!

So, a great set of labs! 

Also on the 29th, I had my latest IV infusion of Belatacept. Aside from the veins in my L arm being rather difficult, the infusion went well, and there have been zero appreciable side effects.


Next, the visit yesterday with my Cardiologist.
As I had spoken about in my last entry, we discussed getting rid of the Isosorbide, which will allow me to also omit the Protonix.
He suggested that we revisit my taking Amlodipine to help control my BP. When I took this med before, I was either on dialysis, or was in advancing renal failure, so the overall side effects of the med may be different for me this time.
However, he would like me to try this change under the supervision of either the Kidney Clinic, or my Nephrologist since they are better acquainted with my overall history; which I am completely fine with.
Once I am able to contact my Clinic Coordinator I will get that process going.

Also, I received a piece of great news from my Cardiologist...my heart is completely healthy, and he has no further reason to see me! So, I finally have my Cardiology clearance!

Next, my headaches remain in an 'up' cycle. Once in a while--like Friday--I still have most of a day without a headache at all. However, that has been the vast exception over the past two months; but no matter how often they occur, these rare days of no headache pain are most welcomed!


Do you remember when I was telling you about having to drive a car with no shoes/sandals because I couldn't feel the pedals though the soles [due to the ongoing neuropathy]?  Well, this week I forgot to take off my sandals and went about my errands and having no problems feeling the cars' gas and brake pedals! Granted, the pressure sensation is muted, but I was actually driving with shoes on!
This development, though seemingly small, is actually huge! It is a terrific indicator that my feet are healing a bit more than I expected, and that there is hope that I can once again get my feet into socks and shoes.
Though the neuropathy may never fully dissipate, I am more hopeful than ever that my feet are on their way to being back to [mostly] normal.
I am still have those sharp pinprick sensations on my toes and the soles of both feet, which are nerves starting to calm down, and have more small areas on both feet where I can feel slightly more sensations and pressure. So there is definite improvement, with hopefully more to come!

My weight has been steady, hovering at around 125 Kg's. My urinary output appears to be stable, with fluctuations of .2-.6 Kg's on any given day.
The evenings and nighttime are still the best for processing fluids, as these remain the heaviest output times. During the day, I can go two, three or even four hours between voiding. At around 5 p.m. this changes to every 1.0-1.5 hours until bedtime. Then at night, my output ranges anywhere from 800 cc's (0.8 Kg) to 1700 cc's (1.7 Kg).  So long as the fluid comes off each day, I am a happy camper!

And I think that I will end this entry there.

As I go though the possible switch away from Isosorbide, I will keep you updated.

My next scheduled appointment isn't until my November infusion on the 26th; but I will be making at least one more entry before then.

May you all have a great week!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment