Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Long Awaited News


FINALLY!!

After four plus years I received the following letter last weekend:



 
 
 
 
This was also accompanied by a general information letter from UNOS (the United Network of Organ Sharing):
 

 
 
To answer your first question:  I have been on the Inactive Waiting list for fourteen months. This gives me an automatic bump upwards on the waiting list.  As for the actual length of time I expect to wait from here on out; anywhere from a few months to 1.5 years will pass before I get the call.
I do know that the hospital I will get my transplant at has been doing a significant number of renal transplants the last month. Assuming that pace continues, this will also impact my waiting time.
I could also get one sooner based on my compatibility based on all the blood work.       
In other words, it could be any time, or not for a while. It's really anybody's guess.
 
I am excited that this day has finally arrived! It is so calming to know that there aren't any other hoops to jump through, no more tests, no more waiting for notice that I am Active. What a relief!
 
The end is even closer!  Woo-Hoo!!!  :o)
 
Good Health to All!
 
ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment