Wednesday, January 22, 2014

22 January 2014

Wow!

I am still smiling over the news that I am on the Active List for transplant!
What a relief!

Here are my latest dialysis weights:

09 Jan 14
Starting Weight:  106.1 Kg
Water Removed:  2.80 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.3 Kg

11 Jan 14
Starting Weight:  107.0 Kg
Water Removed:  3.70 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.3 Kg

14 Jan 14
Starting Weight:  107.2 Kg
Water Removed:  3.10 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.1 Kg

16 Jan 14
Starting Weight:  107.0 Kg
Water Removed:  3.80 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.2 Kg

18 Jan 14
Starting Weight:  107.2 Kg
Water Removed:  4.40 Kg
Ending Weight:  102.8 Kg

21 Jan 14
Starting Weight:  107.3 Kg
Water Removed:  3.90 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.4 Kg

I am still working on reducing my water weight. My new low of 102.8 Kg was great. I had no cramping at all. My thirst was terrible, but as I get used to the lower weight that will slack off. This week I am trying to go low on my daily fluids so that I can go consistently below 103 Kg. Once I can hit that for a week or so, I'll go down to 102.5, and so forth. I know I won't be perfect at hitting that; but I will effort every day to do so.

As promised, I have my latest lab numbers:

*Albumin (30 Dec): 4.20 g/dL (+0.50 g/dL from 21 Nov)
  (A measure of Protein in the blood)     NR (Normal Range) 4.0 g/dL or Higher

*Hemoglobin (07 Jan):  10.2 g/dL  (+1.40 g/dL from 03 Dec)
  (A Measure of Anemia)

*Ca Corrected (07 Jan): 9.70 mg/dL (+0.50 mg/dL from 03 Dec)
  (A measure of Heart and Bone health)     NR 8.40 to 10.20 mg/dL

*Phosphorous (11 Jan):  4.10 mg/dL (-4.00 mg/dL from 07 Dec)
  (High Phosphorous affects the health of your Heart and Bones)     NR 3.0 to 5.5 mg/dL

*PTH Intact (17 Dec):  219 pg/mL  (+62 pg/mL from 21 Nov)
  (A measure of Vitamin D absorption and bone and tissue health)     NR 150 to 600 pg/mL

*K+ (07 Jan):  5.0 mEq/L (+0.70 mEq/L from 21 Nov)
  (Proper potassium levels keep your nerves and muscles working well)     NR 3.5 to 5.5 mEq/L

*spKdt/V Dialysis (14 Jan): 1.50   (+0.11 from 03 Dec)


  (A measure of the effectiveness of dialysis and blood filtering.)     NR 1.20 or Higher
Notice ALL the Green? Especially the Phosphorous!!! That huge gain has been eliminated! Even the dialysis is more effective. I'm extremely pleased with my numbers!

The entire week past I have been dealing with a lot of nausea. The night of the 15th I was up all night vomiting. I threw up more in that one night than I did in the preceding four years.  :o(  No idea what caused it, either.
In any event, the nausea is going strong day after day. I am keeping up a regimen of Tums and Promethazine every four hours. If I don't do this, I can't eat, can't sleep or be comfortable in the least. My Nephrologist told me that such nausea is common for up to four months post-nephrectomy. Yippee...

Dialysis is going well. We're still using one blunt and one sharps needle for canulation. My arm (and fistula) are healing nicely; but we're still a week or so away from using both button holes again.

Since the surgery I have noticed that my near vision is clearer. This was an anticipated result as the vision had become progressively blurry as the disease worsened. Now that the kidneys are out, I expect that this will continue to clear up.

I am finding that I have to balance out my walking a bit. If I do too much--and it's by no means excessive--then my whole abdomen begins to hurt, as if I was just starting to walk post-surgery once again. When that happens, I take it easy for a couple of days in order to allow things to settle down once more.

That's all I can think of for now.

If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section and I will get back with you right away.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment