Monday, October 14, 2013

A Bit of News

Just thought I'd pass along that I now have an appointment with a surgeon for a consult on the double Nephrectomy scheduled for 30 Oct at 11a.

I am meeting with one of the Transplant surgeons for the procedure so that I have consistency between the nephrectomy and the transplant. I recommend that other pre-transplant patients, who need a nephrectomy, also do this. It simply assures a standard of care that you could need, and will also assure proper surgical technique for the kidney removal. You certainly don't have to have transplant surgeons do the nephrectomy; but I've had three physicians, as well as my Transplant Coordinator, all tell me that this was a great plan. I have to follow that kind of advice!

Anyhow, I will tell you all about the appointment, and relay all relevant information.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment