Wednesday, October 9, 2013

09 October 2013

I had a long pot-dialysis nap today, so even though the time is late, I am wide awake and decided to go ahead and get the next entry written up. After all, there really isn't much to do at 1:30 in the morning!

As always, dialysis weights:

01 Oct 13
Starting Weight:  106.6 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.0 Kg
Water Removed:  2.60 Kg

03 Oct 13
Starting Weight:  106.0 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.0 Kg
Water Removed:  2.00 Kg

05 Oct 13
Starting Weight:  105.8 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.1 Kg
Water Removed:  1.70 Kg

08 Oct 13
Starting Weight:  106.0 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.8 Kg
Water Removed:  2.20 Kg

Once again, great consistency in my weights both pre and post-D. That's exactly what I am looking for! (Yay! Another small success!)

I finally had my monthly labs drawn yesterday. I should have the results by the weekend. There should be no surprises in the results as I continue to follow the Rx dosing regimen, the advice of the clinic Nutritionist, and the advice of my Nephrologist. And so far, this approach has yielded only positive lab results. So, if I am still following all the advice, how can my labs be anything but good? Like I've said before, being your healthiest, even with severe medical problems, is entirely within your ability to attain! Simply follow the instructions of your health professionals. It really IS that easy!

The pain in my jaw from the aggravated TMD continues. I did discover that I wasn't able to move my jaw in certain ways--that no one really should be able to do anyway--that I normally can, so I pressed on my L ball joint and after several attempts, finally got my jaw to move into its proper position. Ever since, the R joint hurts less, I can chew with less pain, and I can finally open my jaw more. There is still a ways to go as I still have significant pain on the R, but at least there is vast improvement. Hopefully, within another week or two, everything will be back to normal.

 My appetite hasn't improved in the past week. Still taking in less food overall, but I'm really trying to drink less fluids in spite of being thirsty most of the time. Maybe I should just drink an extra Smart Water to eliminate the thirst. After all, aside from water deficiency, thirst indicates a drop of electrolytes in the body; and Smart Water is full of electrolytes. I'll give it a try this afternoon.


The bilateral flank pain goes on without a break, now. The 24/7 pain is now consistent in its overall quality, location and character. I expected this to happen at this stage of the game. Further, I expect the pain to only increase from now on, too. I no longer feel any "pops" happen (when a cyst ruptures), feel no instantaneous relief at any time, nor have days when I feel as if there's no flank pain at all. It is definitely time...

Anyhow, that's all I've got. My brain is tired, I'm done sitting up...at least, in an office chair, and in spite of a nearly seven hour "nap," I am getting sleepy.

I will keep you apprised of my lab results when I get them.

Have a great week!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment