Friday, January 25, 2013

25 January 2013

With last week's tests and my feeling lousy since, I have not gotten caught up on my day to day entry. So, let's get to it...

Let's again start with the dialysis weights:

12 Jan 13

Starting Weight:  107.5 Kg
Water Removed:  3.10 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.4 Kg

15 Jan 13

Starting Weight:  108.3 Kg
Water Removed:  3.30 Kg
Ending Weight:  105.0 Kg

16 Jan 13
*(Yes, you read this correctly. Remember, I had adjusted my normal schedule to accommodate prepping for the colonoscopy.)

Starting Weight:  107.5 Kg
Water Removed:  3.80 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.7 Kg

19 Jan 13

Starting Weight:  105.7 Kg
Water Removed:  1.50 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.2 Kg

22 Jan 13

Starting Weight:  108.1 Kg
Water Removed:  4.20 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.9 Kg

24 Jan 13

Starting Weight:  108.0 Kg
Water Removed:  4.30 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.7 Kg

As you can see, my weight has increased. I don't know if this is due to actual weight gain, added water retention, decreasing kidney function, etc. At this point, I only know that I am heavier. What I cannot see is any increased edema anywhere. My ankles or feet aren't swollen, my lungs and heart remain clear; but, my bilateral flank pain has increased by a good amount. I am keeping an eye on the weight, and am being extra cautious about my fluid intake. Maybe observation will give me a little insight, too.

My sleep has been non-restful the last couple of weeks. This is in large part due to the increase of flank pain. I just cannot get comfortable in bed, and I toss and turn all night because of this. My dreams have been fine, so at least I am not struggling with things on the subconscious level...at least not right now. As a result of my poor nightly sleep, I am dozing off numerous times every day for 15 minutes to an hour. Right now, I estimate my daily sleep totals are at about 11.5-13 hours. Some days are less than that; but other days are more. Again, no pattern.

On top of the poor sleep, I am walking around quite exhausted probably 70% of the time.  I am getting very little housework done, as a result; and this includes my cooking every day. Even a simple meals loom over me like some gigantic task to overcome but my strength is just gone. Sometimes I can push through the exhaustion, other times not. Additionally, the appeal of foods is all over the place. I never know what will look, smell or taste good, let alone even thinking about any particular foods. All of this combines to continue making eating a challenge from day to day.

My headache has been consistent lately...that is, consistently bad (!). Increased headache level across the board for no apparent reason. There is no clear TMD involvement, so this increase in the pain level seems to be all about the kidneys. My T3 usage is yo-yo-ing as a result. Though I am still averaging about three tablets/day, I will take four or more one day, then only one or two the next, and so on.  And yes, about half the T3 dosing is for the flank pain.

My total urine flow seems to be decreasing. Some days I feel as if I've hardly urinated at all; while other days seems like I don't have any problem voiding my bladder. This inconsistency is telling what my kidneys are doing. And lately, it seems like they are telling me they are dying more and more every day.

My overall feeling is increasing sickness, more exhaustion, inconsistent BM's, inconsistent urine flows, appetite and food appeal that are both all over the spectrum, poor sleep, etc. On so it goes, day after day. About the only consistent pattern is the inconsistent nature of pretty much everything. This even applies to my dialysis treatment. Yesterday I had a terrible treatment. I went in feeling OK, but a half hour into the Tx I began feeling nauseated. I had to have an injection of Zofram to ease it up. Then, I had a bout of diarrhea hit me (I took Imodium for that); after which I became flushed, then cold, my flank pain was so bad I could not get comfortable even sitting straight up; and my headache went crazy and I was miserable. Plus, I had intense cramping in both feet and lower legs during my post-dialysis nap.  NOT a good session.  :o(

So, I suppose we'll see soon enough if this week is an anomaly, or a new normal--let's hope that's not the case--in any event, a bad week overall. Tomorrow's dialysis should help me see any pattern here.

That's all I have for today. Let's all hope and look for a better week ahead!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment