Friday, June 24, 2011

24 June 2011

The past two days have been interesting.

Nothing terrible, mind you; just interesting.

My headache has been a manageable 8--I know...what a surprise there!

My appetite remains poor at about 1.5 cups/day. fewer and fewer foods are appealing as each week passes by. Few snacks are palpable anymore. Even fewer standby meals are appealing. A lot of the time I'm eating because I need to.

Vertigo continues to be an ever present issue. I awoke with a mild case yesterday, took some promethazine, and felt the usual knot in my stomach go away for a few hours--though the vertigo itself never left. I went to see a movie last night and in my walking had to steady myself numerous times with my cane in order to keep my feet.

The edema in my feet has been going from OK to really bad. I usually awaken with minimal swelling in my feet and legs; but by the end of the day my feet are horribly swollen with edema. I'll put up comparative pics of this in the next day or two so you can see how bad the edema gets. Luckily, the swelling usually reduces by the time I awaken in the morning. When it becomes severe without reduction then I'll have a sure sign that my kidney's are in serious trouble.

Exhaustion continues to plague my mind and body.  My sleep is now all over the place because of the multiple naps I take every day that range between 30 minutes to three or four hours. Restlessness is a continual pattern in what sleep I get. One thing I've come to do before sleeping is to avoid negative images that might disrupt my ability to get peaceful sleep. I'm talking TV shows, bad news on the Internet, etc. For me, if I go to sleep with fairly fresh images of death, mayhem, emotional trauma, or even images of things that don't normally scare me, then my sleep is restless and my dreams uncontrollable. Plus, when I awaken from a night of disturbing dreams, my ability to keep my mind in a good place becomes compromised, and I struggle mentally far more than I should. So for me, no more negative images before bed.

That's it for now. I feel a nap coming on, which means I need to wrap this up.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment