Sunday, January 26, 2020

Post-Transplant Update: 26 January 2020

I obviously did not get this entry typed up when I had intended. So let's just get to it...

Before I start my latest lab results, I have a question... What do you think my Lymphocytes did this month? (C'mon, you know that you know what they did...!)


20 Jan 20 Labs

*Creat:   2.71 (+0.17)

*HCT:   38.2 (+0.5) IR

*Hemo:   12.0 (NC) IR

*Lymph:   5.3 (-7.8)

*Lymph ABS:   0.4 (-0.6) Very Low

*Neut:   78.2 (+2.1) High

*Neut ABS:   5.2 (-0.2) IR

*RBC:   4.24 (-0.02) Very Low

*WBC:   6.6 (-0.5) IR

*BUN:   35 (NC) Very High

*CA:   9.0 (-0.5) IR

*GFR:   25 (-2) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   105

*K+:   3.7 (-0.4) IR

*NA+:   137 (-4) IR

*MG:   2.1 (+0.1) IR

*Phos:   3.3 (-0.4) IR

*Thyroid:   1.97 (Normal Range 0.46-4.88)
     NC= No Change       IR= In Range

*Urinalysis

Color:  Normal
Glucose, UR:  Negative
Hgb, UR:  Negative
Ketones, UR:  Negative
Leuk Esterase:  Negative
Nitrite:  Negative
pH, Urine:  6.1 (Normal Range is 5.0-8.5)
Prot, UR:  Negative

Specific Gravity, Urine:  1.012 (Normal Range is  1.003-1.030)


You know, if it weren't so serious, the constant yo-yoing of my Lymphocytes might be good comedic fodder. As much as I want this to stabilize and strengthen, it has become predictable as to what will happen next month...which I predict will be a rise of at least 6.0. We'll see if that turns out to be true.

The Creatinine is holding fairly steady. The small increase is of no concern whatsoever.

The best news is the Hematocrit strengthening a touch more! This is a great sign!
Along with this, though the RBC's had a minute drop, I like the fact that it held steady this month. While I am still 0.26 below the range [on the RBC's], I remain hopeful that this value will also increase.

On the {Blood] Glucose the normal range is (again) 80-100. However, with have no Prograf (Tacrolimus) that dictates my having labs by 0800a, I usually get my labs done between 930a-10a--after I take my morning meds and also after having my morning TUMS (for Calcium). This contributes to the usually higher than normal Glucose level because of the sugar in the TUMS.

My Urinalysis was most the same, aside from two minor variations in the pH and Specific Gravity; so no worries there.

The Thyroid test that had been ordered came back mid-range. As I have not yet done the research I had wanted to do, I cannot say what this might mean in regards to my Hypothalamus and staying warm. If nothing else, I will find out if we will be trying anything else at my next Clinic appointment.

All in all, my labs are pretty good; aside from the Lymphocytes, that is. 


The TMD has continued the 'up' cycle that had started before my last entry. Plus, I inadvertently ingested food laced with MSG that severely exacerbated the headaches for about half a day. The frustrating part of this was that the MSG was in a product that did not previously have it; so I had no idea that the ingredient had been recently added. 
Other than that, the 'up' cycle should be winding down soon, if recent trends hold up.

As far as the Torsemide goes, thing have taken a small step backwards. I got down to 120.5 Kg's, but have since rebounded to my current 122 Kg's. I do not have the slightest idea why this would happen, but it has. So, instead of becoming frustrated, I am examining my daily liquid intake and output, looking for a 1:1 correlation, which does happen every day. So at least I'm not [obviously] retaining water despite the diuretic.
Plus, my skin looks normal, I am not excessively thirsty and my urine still has a good color; so there is no apparent dehydration...just this odd weight gain.
For now, I will continue the daily regimen as prescribed until my next appointment. 

My latest Belatacept infusion went well. The nurse got the venipuncture in one try this time, and I have had zero side effects from the med. 


My only upcoming appointment is at the Kidney Clinic, which is on 11 February.

For now, have a terrific week, and a safe one, as well!

Good Health to All!

ScottW





No comments:

Post a Comment