Thursday, December 12, 2019

Post-Transplant Update: 12 December 2019

Just a quick update today regard the ongoing side effects of the Amlodipine.

My feet have actually gotten worse , in regards to edema.

Here's a photo I just took:




(Peripheral Edema from Amlodipine Usage, 12 Dec 19)



I haven't seen peripheral edema this bad since I was pre-dialysis when my kidneys were dying, and I had no way to get rid of the fluid buildup.
At first, the edema was contained to just my feet, and was relatively moderate. Over the last four or five days it has not only become severe, but has slowly migrated upward; now including both ankles and extending about halfway up the lower legs. Plus, my feet are becoming more and more uncomfortable as each day passes.

So...Amlodipine seems to be a definite "No!" 


My return appointment with the Kidney Clinic is next Tuesday. In a way, I am glad it has taken so long to have that follow-up visit because I have very concrete proof (excessive and worsening edema, consistent diarrhea, elevated BP's) that this med is not the way to go.


Anyhow, that's my update. Of course, I will let you know how my appointment goes, and how we next proceed to unravel the puzzle that is my post-transplant body.


Have a great weekend!


Good Health to All!


ScottW



No comments:

Post a Comment