Friday, April 19, 2019

Post-Transplant Update: 19 April 2019

I am getting to this post later than I had intended due to having that tooth crown placed, and the ensuing headache that resulted. So, let's start with labs...

16 April 19 Labs:

*Creat:   2.77 (+0.12) 

*HCT:   35.5 (-0.6) IR

*Hemo:   11.1 (NC) IR

*Lymph:   13.8 (-1.5) Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.9 (-0.1) Low

*Neut:   76.8 (-1.9) High

*Neut ABS:   5.0 (-0.1) IR

*RBC:   3.94 (-0.02) Very Low

*WBC:   6.5 (+0.3) IR

*BUN:   42 (+2) Extremely High

*CA:   9.5 (-0.5) IR

*GFR:   24 (-2) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   95 (Normal 80-100)

*K+:   4.8 (+0.4) IR

*NA+:   141 (+3) IR

*Prot:   ??

*MG:   2.2 (NC) IR

*Phos:   3.9 (-0.2) IR

*PTH:   121 (+59) Very High

          NC= No Change     IR= In Range

Though there has been small drops in a few of my numbers, I am particularly interested ion the latest Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) reading. Last month it was terrific. This month, not at all. As per previous physician instructions, I called the surgeon's office to relay the PTH and Calcium readings. Rather than immediately adjusting my calcium intake, the doctor wants to see me on Monday. Plus, he will be looking at the still-undissolved sutures in my neck, and will possible remove them, as well.  I will update you next week on the outcome of that appointment.

As far as the other numbers with movement in the wrong direction, I have a sneaking suspicion that these are a result of the higher PTH level. 


Urinalysis (UA) 16 April 19


Appearance:   Normal
Color:   Normal
Glucose, UR:   Negative
Hgb,UR:   Negative
Ketones, UR:   Negative
Leuk Esterase:   Negative
Nitrite:   Negative
pH, Urine:   6.0 (Normal Range is 5.0-8.5)
Prot, UR:   Trace
Specific Gravity, Urine:   1.01 (Normal Range is 1.003-1.030)

Aside from the slight elevation of the pH level (5.5 up to 6.0), the UA continues to clearly show that the kidney is filtering well. (YAY!)


As I stated at the very beginning of this entry, I finally had the tooth crown placed over the broken #19 tooth. The crown fits perfectly, and is level with the other teeth around it. Unfortunately, the headache I had from the initial dental appointment was only just beginning to ease up; and even the moderately light pressure exerted on my jaw was enough to send the headache pain spiraling upward once again. Luckily, the crown placement (and cleanup of extra cement) only took about 30 minutes, so I am hoping that the latest increase in headache pain goes away sooner than before. 
Oh...just FYI, before the latest appointment, my headaches were averaging about a solid 7 (out of 1-10), after nearly two weeks of nothing but 9-10's. This time, I came home with a 10+, and it is now averaging an 8.  :o(    :o(    :o(

Next, my energy level has remained up despite the elevated PTH. This is an excellent development! It tells me that I have not only increased some muscle, but also some stamina, as well. Though I still get exhausted doing chores, I continue cooking every day, as well as seeing that the house remains in good shape. So...definite progress!

I know that I had a few other things to tell you about, but my headache is hurting too much--despite pain meds--to both remember what else I has, and to keep typing up this entry. So, I'll quickly wrap this up...

Again, I will let you know how Monday's appointment goes. Until then...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment