Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Post-Transplant Update: 05 December 2018

After last weeks' biopsy, the Kidney Clinic doctors asked me to cut down on the Lasix from 80 mg/day to 40 mg/day; taking the med in the morning. Also, that I was to limit my fluid intake to around 2.5L/day. Last, that I re-do my labs on Monday morning.  
Here are those results...

03 Dec 18 Labs

*Creat:   2.73 (-0.11) Lowering

*HCT:   36.3 (+2.7) IR

*Hemo:   11.3 (+0.38) IR

*Lymph:   8.3 (+0.3) Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.7 (NC) Low

*Neut:   83.0 (-0.8) High

*Neut ABS:   6.5 (-0.4) IR

*RBC:   3.97 (+0.35) Very Low

*WBC:   7.8 (-0.5) IR

*BUN:   42 (-9) Extremely High

*CA:   10.2 (+0.4) IR

*GFR:   25 (+1) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   103

*K+:   4.4 (-0.3) IR

*NA+:   141 (-3) IR

*Prot:   7.1 (+0.2) IR

*MG:   2.5 (+0.3) IR

*Prot:   3.5 (-0.9) IR

*BK:   Not Checked

*CMV:   Not Checked

     NC= No Change     IR= In Range

As highlighted, the Creatinine lowered, which is great news!
Alongside that, the BUN dropped nicely; getting out of the danger zone.

Lastly, the Hematocrit, Hemoglobin, Red Blood Cells and Lymphocytes all display more stability!  There are also a total of TEN lab values that are now in their current ranges! THAT is terrific news!

For the second lab draw in a row, I am finally seeing stabilization in these critical numbers.  (Deep sigh of relief!)

The TMD headaches continue unabated. However, I am finally going to get acupuncture for the headaches this coming Friday afternoon. I will need a number of treatments before I make any significant headway in relieving the headaches.
Also that day, I will see about acupuncture to help heal the remaining neuropathy in my feet. And, being the traditional medicine that acupuncture is, I will also ask about the possibility of helping the kidney work better. I'll try to remember to update you on things in these fronts.

My sleep has been off schedule this week for some reason. I took long naps on consecutive days both Monday and Tuesday. Though I got too little sleep last night, I am staying awake today in an attempt to turn my sleep cycle around...again.

Lastly, on Sunday evening I suddenly got sick to my stomach after feeling fine all day.  
I had a total of four episodes of emesis (vomiting) that evening. One was after dinner, and I have no idea if I ejected my PM meds. Whenever this happens, a transplant patient cannot chance doubling any meds that may have gotten into your system. Instead, you act as if you had missed a dosage and simply take your next scheduled dosage on time. 

By Monday morning, I felt completely back to normal. I took my AM meds, as scheduled and had no further incidences of emesis.

And that catches you up.

Have a terrific week, and always look for the good in all situations...even when that may be the very last thing you feel like doing.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment