Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Post-Transplant Update: 09 October 2018

Even though we moved in on the 29th of September, I have only just now gotten my office put back together enough to write a new entry. Thanks for hanging in there until I was able to type this up!

As expected, our move was exhausting! I have no idea where what little energy I was able to summon came from, but it is done. Plus, I have slowly unpacked the past week plus, and most things have been put away. 

First off, let's go over my labs that were drawn last week:

02 Oct 18 Labs:

*Creat:   2.32 (-0.05) Dropping

*Hct:   28.8 (-2.7) Very Low...again

*Hemo:   9.0 (-1.1) Very Low...again

*Lymph:   14.5 (+11.5) Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.4 (+0.2) Very Low

*Neut:   66.7 (-15.6) High

*Neut ABS:   1.8 (-2.8) IR

*RBC:   3.16 (-0.34) Very Low...again

*WBC:  2.8 (-2.6) Extremely Low

*BUN:   34 (-1) Very High

*CA:   9.6 (-0.4) IR

*GFR:   30 (NC) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   111

*K+:   4.5 (+0.2) IR

*NA+:   140 (NC) IR

*Prot:   6.6 (-0.4) IR

*MG:   2.1 (-0.2) IR

*Phos:   2.5 (-0.4) IR

*BK:   Not Detected

*CMV:   Not Detected

    NC= No Change     IR= In Range


The most troubling information in the labs was the drops in hematocrit, hemoglobin and red blood cells. This of course means that once again, my kidney is not telling my bone marrow to produce RBC's and hemoglobin. On learning this, I immediately called my coordinator to relay the news. She returned my call after speaking with the clinic doctors. They ordered another shot of Aranesp, which I did on Thursday of last week. Hopefully, the Aranesp will do its job and kick start the RBC productions once more. As I am NOT doing labs this week, I will find out next week the result of the shot.
Also, my Lymphocytes took an 11.5 jump. As before with these huge jumps, I am not expecting it to stay at this level.

With all the stress and exertion involved in moving a household, my headaches have been terrible; as you might expect. There has been LOTS of TMD involvement, and my jaw is clunking really hard! Despite my efforts, the headaches have not reduced. As I am done with the major unpacking, I should be able to better focus on reducing the TMD symptoms, and possibly the headaches.

My body is still trying to recover from the past month, so I am pretty tired most of the time. On top of this, the low hematocrit certainly doesn't help. Hopefully, the Aranesp will do its job and return all three labs back to acceptable ranges.

That's all I have at this time. I will get another entry done after my labs next Tuesday.

Until then,

Good Health to All!

ScottW


No comments:

Post a Comment