Monday, September 24, 2018

Post-Transplant Update: 24 September 2018

This entry is only a very brief one as I have no labs this week, no doctor appointments, no new meds or anything else associated with my kidney...if you can believe that(!).

I have been pretty much exhausted all week due to packing up for our move this coming Saturday. I have to take turns of working for 10-15 minutes, then resting for at least that long before starting again. At least I made a lot of progress this past week having packed around 12 Large boxes and 16 Medium boxes. Fortunately, because of all the work I did last week, I have only about a third as much to do this week before the move.

Also, because of all the work I've done--along with the straining, lifting and tensing my jaw--my headaches have been way up...no shock there! I am managing them as best I can; but am looking forward to getting into the new place, unpacking, them being able to relax...

Next Tuesday is my next Belatacept infusion, as well as my next lab draw. I will post the next blog as soon as I have my lab results.

Oh...I finally had the brain power to write a Thank You letter to the family of the deceased donor [of my kidney]. I had previously called the Transplant Team to ask for any parameters for this letter, and received those a few days later. I sent the letter to the Team Social Worker who will forward that to the Transplant Team liaison for communications with donor families. That person will forward my letter to the family.      I may or may not hear from the family in return.

In all likelihood, I will NOT be posting that letter here out of respect for the donor's family, their privacy and their grief.

That's all I have time for right now.

Have a fantastic week!

Good Health to All!

ScottW


No comments:

Post a Comment