Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Post-Transplant Update: 30 May 2018

A quick update today as I am readying for a bit of vacation time...my first in nearly a year, and my first time out of my general area since last July.

After my first infusion of Belatacept, I had no apparent side effects. Yesterday was my second infusion, and I am feeling just fine once again. 

My labs have been trending in the right direction this past week. The biggest two are Tac and Creatinine. My Tac dropped to 4.8, and Creatinine fell to 3.28...the best reading in months.

In two weeks I begin to wean off of the Prograf, with the goal of zero Prograf by the time I do my final twice-monthly infusion. At that point, my Tac reading should also be near zero. By then, the Creatinine should also be way down. Just what my new Creatinine low level will be is an unknown, so I cannot guess a final number.

All in all, things are going well. I feel a bit stronger this week, and my average BP is coming down nicely. 

The Prograf tremors have increased exponentially; sometimes being so bad that I spill and liquids in glasses I have filled up, or am unable to keep food on my fork until it reaches my mouth. It is incredibly frustrating. However, at my Kidney Clinic appointment yesterday I asked my doctor if the tremors were so bad because the Prograf is not being used by my body as much due to the Belatacept. He stated that this was indeed the case and that once I am off the Prograf entirely, the tremors should cease altogether. (YAY!)

That's all I'm going to write today. Too much to get done before I leave in the morning...

I will post again shortly after I return on the 11th of June.

Southwestern Colorado awaits....

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment