Monday, August 7, 2017

Post-Transplant Photos

As promised, the following photos are from my time in the hospital, both pre-and post transplant. If you are squeamish at all, I suggest that you bypass this entry as  photos of new scars, tubing entering the body and all such are definitely NOT for everyone!
For those of you interested or who are pre-transplant yourselves, I hope these help you see at least a part of the transplant process.

Oh...and for anyone wondering....No, I have no pride left regarding my body. I've been poked, prodded, tested, sliced open and had to endure surgical recovery too many times to care anymore.



 
Pre-Surgery--Excited, yet nervous, too.
04 May 2017

Pre-Surgery Sedation hard at work!
04 May 2017


In Pre-Op, fast asleep!
04 May 2017


                  Teddy Bears and Penguins...My daughters' idea of a joke.
And since I was unconscious at the time I had no say in the matter.
04 May 2017
         

In the ICU immediately post-transplant.
Early on 05 May 2017



Sitting up two days after transplant.
Notice all the tubes...seemingly everywhere!
06 May 2017


Sleeping sitting up.
Not fun, but better than laying down 24/7!
06 May 2017



I wanted to show the IV lines in my neck.
07 May 2017



A side view of those neck lines.
07 May 2017

Surgical drain line protruding from my
L upper Abdominal Quadrant.
07 May 2017


Another view of the abdominal drain line.
These are just prior to line removal.
07 May 2017



An up-close view of that abdominal drain line.
07 May 2017


This is the whole drain line after its removal from my abdomen.
07 May 2017


 A view of the surgical scar after the drain line had been removed.
07 May 2017


Another view of my latest abdominal scar--that's scar #5, I believe!
07 May 2017



The drain scar/hole immediately following tube removal,
and the top of the surgical scar.
07 May 2017


This shows the bruising and scars from the just
removed IV lines in my neck.
08 May 2017


 
Ready for going home!
Five days and 3 Kg's lighter.
09 May 2017


At home, showing the bruising on my arm from the IV insertion attempts by the anesthesiologist 
in my L arm which has a dead fistula, ruining any decent IV access...
which I had warned him about! Apparently, he didn't believe me...
Sometime around 12 May 2017



Another good view of my bruised IV arm.
12 May 2017


After a lab draw for Kidney Clinic, the green tape really shows off
the arm bruising.
Around 13 May 2017


About two weeks after returning home I wanted to show the
length of the transplant scar.
Around 18 May 2017


Another view of that latest scar.
Do you the one under my navel? That is actually two
incisions (from 1981 and 1983)--one overlaying the other causing
LOTS of scar tissue.
Around 18 May 2017



Warning!
These final two are NOT for the faint of heart!
You have been warned...





This is the stent that went from my new kidney to my bladder down
through my lone urethra. This was taken immediately following its removal...
which you really DON'T want to experience for yourself!!
12 June 2017



This pic shows a size comparison of the Urethral stent.
That purple thing is a large glove.
Can you say...O U C H ! ! ?
12 June 2017








No comments:

Post a Comment