Friday, December 19, 2014

19 December 2014

Just a quick update today...

A week ago I began having pain around the lower fistula on my L arm--the now abandoned fistula. Over the course of the next few days the pain increased and included the entire lower arm, as well as having edema showing up, causing additional pain.

At dialysis on Tuesday, my Nephrologist took a look at the arm and ordered blood serum tests for infection, and a three round course of IV antibiotics, as a 'just in case' thing regarding the test.

Since then, the swelling has decreased minimally, and the pain in the arm has increased. So, I called to schedule an appointment with the vascular surgeon this coming Monday.

It is clearly evident that I have a compartmental bleed in the arm, and it may need surgery to correct. I'll find that out on Monday.

The likelihood of serious damage is minimal, at this point. My neuros are good, , my skin tone in the hand is good, and the coloration in my arm, though red, is still OK. The pain is slowly increasing, but I do NOT feel like my arm is in immediate danger. I will keep you updated on the news.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment