Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mapping My R Fistula

I had my R fistula arm mapped earlier this week. The purpose was to evaluate how well the fistula is developing. The result diagram is below...


 
All in all, the fistula is great. The flows are well above superb. The surgeon likes a flow pressure of 600. My flow pressure is at over 1000!
Vessel development is beyond expectations, and there are numerous branching vessels that are also increasing in both size and flow rates.
The only drawback--and this is directly due to the recent infiltrations--is that I have a pseudo-aneurysm beneath the Lower canulation site. Basically, this is a pocket that has blood coursing through it, going in a continuous circle. It could burst, causing severe vascular issues, but the doc thinks it will be OK so long as I abandon that site for dialysis, thereby reducing pressure on the aneurysm. No big deal. I have already established a new site further up the arm.
To help the pseudo-aneurysm heal, I need to apply gentle direct pressure on the site a few times a day for a couple of minutes each. (Real tough to do, right?) I will be going back on December 1st to have the arm remapped, and the aneurysm evaluated once more.
 
I will certainly update you once I know the results.
 
Good Health to All!
 
ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment