Sunday, July 27, 2014

27 July 2014

My Angioplasty of the AV Fistula is scheduled for Monday morning (28 Jul). I have to arrive at the hospital at 0600a. The arrival time will accommodate my needing to take steroids and Benadryl an hour ahead of the procedure to offset any effects from the contrast dye, which I am allergic to.
The angioplasty should take about an hour from start to finish. It will be my choice to go with either a local anesthetic, or go into a general anesthesia, in which case I will be unconscious during the procedure. I haven't yet decided which I'll do.

After I'm done, I have to go to dialysis a day early in order to get the dye out of my body. Otherwise, I could have an anaphylactic reaction before I would go to my normal Tuesday treatment. Better to NOT go into anaphylaxis!  ;0)  In the mean time, I'll be taking more Benadryl to continue combating the dye. Between the meds and the early procedure, I'll likely sleep the whole time I'm hooked up to the dialyzer.

As a reminder, because of the surgery followed by dialysis, it may be a few days before I report on how this all goes. If you are so inclined, please throw out a few prayers for me so that I have no issues with any allergic reactions tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Every effort you make on my behalf helps me immeasurably!

See you in the flip side!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment