Friday, April 11, 2014

11 April 2014

As promised, here are the results of this months' main lab draws:


*Albumin (17 Mar): 4.40 g/dL (+0.30 g/dL from 21 Jan)
  (A measure of Protein in the blood)     NR (Normal Range) 4.0 g/dL or Higher

*Hemoglobin (08 Apr):  10.8 g/dL  (No Change from 17 Mar)
  (A Measure of Anemia)

*Ca Corrected (08 Apr): 9.30 mg/dL (-0.30 mg/dL from 03 Mar)
  (A measure of Heart and Bone health)     NR 8.40 to 10.20 mg/dL

*Phosphorous (08 Apr):  7.40 mg/dL (+0.60 mg/dL from 08 Mar)
  (High Phosphorous affects the health of your Heart and Bones)     NR 3.0 to 5.5 mg/dL

*PTH Intact (17 Mar):  245 pg/mL  (+26 pg/mL from 21 Jan)
  (A measure of Vitamin D absorption and bone and tissue health)     NR 150 to 600 pg/mL

*K+ (08 Apr):  5.8 mEq/L     (+0.10 mEq/L from 17 Mar)
  (Proper potassium levels keep your nerves and muscles working well)     NR 3.5 to 5.5 mEq/L

*spKdt/V Dialysis (08 Apr): 1.58   (+0.24 from 03 Mar)

  (A measure of the effectiveness of dialysis and blood filtering.)     NR 1.20 or Higher
As you can see, both Albumin and PTH were not measured. I'm sure these will be drawn within the next week or two.
So, the Phosphorous and the Potassium are jumping around...again. I'm really surprised by the K+ increase because I am avoiding K+ as much as I possibly can. But, like phosphorous, potassium is in many foods that you simply wouldn't expect it to be; so you end up ingesting more than you expect.

I did awesome at dialysis yesterday. I went in only gaining 3.8 Kg's since Tuesday morning, and hit my target for water removal at 100.3 Kg.

My challenge since Thursday's Tx has been cramping. Both feet and both lower legs had lots of cramping after I arrived home, and sleeping was impossible for a couple of hours; until the muscles relaxed enough.

That's all I've got today. I only meant to give you the lab results.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment