Sunday, April 6, 2014

06 April 2014

I've reached a new milestone...well, at least it is for me.

This week, I successfully hit 100 Kg's all three treatment days, and I have changed my dry weight to a flat 100 Kg's. From when I first started, I have now dropped my dry weight from 104.5 Kg's. That's a total of 9.90 pounds of useless water weight.

Dialysis Weights:

22 Mar 13
Starting Weight:  105.0 Kg
Ending Weight:  100.5 Kg
Water Removed:  4.50 Kg

25 Mar 14
Starting Weight:  106.4 Kg
Ending Weight:  101.6 Kg
Water Removed:  4.80 Kg

27 Mar 14
Starting Weight:  105.5 Kg
Ending Weight:  100.9 Kg
Water Removed:  4.60 Kg

29 Mar 14
Starting Weight:  104.5 Kg
Ending Weight:  100.2 Kg
Water Removed:  4.30 Kg

01 Apr 14
Starting Weight:  104.8 Kg
Ending Weight:  100.6 Kg
Water Removed:  4.20 Kg

03 Apr 14
Starting Weight:  104.5 Kg
Ending Weight:  100.3 Kg
Water Removed:  4.20 Kg

05 Apr 14
Starting Weight:  103.3 Kg
Ending Weight:  100.1 Kg
Water Removed:  3.20 Kg

[Actually,] That's a total of five consecutive treatments that I have hit the 100 Kg mark. It's been a long, slow and somewhat painful journey, but it is well worth the effort. I have [generally] less cramping, NO...that NO fluid in my lungs, and my average Blood Pressure has accordingly dropped as well. Yesterday I entered dialysis at 146/92, and left at veritably perfect 120/68. That BP is exactly what my Nephrologist wants me to have!

I don't have the monthly labs yet; they haven't been drawn so far this month. More than likely, they will be pulled on Tuesday, with the results available later next week. When I have the numbers, I'll get them posted.

Still no diarrhea. It's now going on three months since the last incidence. Overall, my bowels are fairly regular in timing and form. Anything irregular is not a good thing, and should always be reported to your physicians.

My appetite and tastes have been changing the last few weeks. I don't know if it is because of the lack of kidneys, or some other reason. All I know is that foods are bland, and tasteless, my hunger is increasing, and I don't get any satisfaction from a good meal. It's frustrating to not have anything to eat that sounds good. My wife really is a Saint when it comes to helping me figure out what to eat after dialysis. Most days, I have no clue, and she gently guides me along until I make a decision. Spouses, if you find yourself in this position, your husband or wife really doesn't know what they want to eat! Please give an abundance of patience and understanding to whomever you are caring for, and know that they are just as frustrated, and at as much as a loss as you are at not knowing what they want to eat.

My energy has increased probably 10%. I am moving quicker--not that most people would notice with as slow as I move most of the time--I am making decisions quicker than anytime in the last two years, and my brain seems to be a bit sharper these days. While the steps aren't huge, I am making positive forward progress. A little every day will go a long way towards recovery in the long run.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll post my labs when they become available to me.

Have a tremendous week!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment