Thursday, November 14, 2013

An Awesome Piece of News!

Going into something such as a surgery, it is always highly important to know that everything is set up with insurances, notifying your various doctors regarding the procedure, keeping your dialysis center in the loop as to your anticipated days to be missed, etc.

In doing this all week, I still hadn't heard back from the surgeon's office--or the hospital, for that matter--as to whether or not the surgery would be covered. I have been preparing for everything as if things will naturally move forward anyway. All my pre-screening (online) was done, my pre-registration was done, etc.

Then this afternoon, I received two calls that were great news, then awesome news. The first, from the surgeon's office, was that the Double Nephrectomy was covered. Like I said, Great News!
The second, from the hospital, told me that not only was the surgery and hospitalization given the go-ahead, but that my yearly out of pocket had been met (because of dialysis) and everything associated with the surgery (the OR, Docs, OR staff, and all hospitalization costs) were covered 100%!

AWESOME NEWS!

What a complete relief this was to hear!
That is one humongous worry off my shoulders!

So, just one day to go...
...one more day of decent liquid intake...
...one more day of actually urinating... (I know, a bit gross, but very true!)
...One last day that brings me so much closer to transplant!

Do I come across as excited?  ;o)

It's still a weird place to be, mentally; being excited to lose two of my vital organs. But, getting them out will be a huge relief! Less pain, less nausea (I hope!), being comfortable in any position, reduced headache (again, I hope!). What's not to be excited about...under the current circumstances, of course. :o)

Lastly, today, my wife skipped out of work in order to take me out on a date before the surgery, and the weeks of recovery that will follow. We went to see a movie ("Enders Game") and the out to eat, followed by a few errands. The whole point was to just spend time together, getting our minds off the surgery for a few hours. It was a nice afternoon. I'm very glad we did that! 

Anyhow...that's it. I most wanted to [pass on that awesome news!

So, I will write you once again on the other side of all of this.

Until then, Be safe, keep those smiles going, retain your good thought,
and most of all...

Good Health to All of You!

ScottW


No comments:

Post a Comment