Monday, June 24, 2013

23 June 13

Time is flying by! It seems like only a few days ago since my last entry; but then I look at the date--June 12th--and realize I was wrong...

Dialysis Weights:

13 June 13
Starting Weight:  105.2 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.5 Kg
Water Removed:  0.70 Kg

15 June 13
Starting Weight:  105.9 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.2 Kg
Water Removed:  1.70 Kg

18 June 13
Starting Weight:  105.8 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.0 Kg
Water Removed:  1.80 Kg

20 June 13
Starting Weight: 106.0 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.1 Kg
Water Removed:  1.90 Kg

22 June 13
Starting Weight:  106.0 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.4 Kg
Water Removed:  1.60 Kg

My weight has risen nearly a kilogram on my off days, but I think this is due more to my cysts than anything else. My diet and fluid intake remains consistent; but both flanks have had a significant increase in pain again, which means that the cysts on my kidneys are once again enlarged and holding more fluid.

As a result of the flank pain increase, my T3 usage has also increased. Earlier in the month my average daily usage was at 3.1 tablets per day. Because of the increased flank pain, that jumped to 4.33/day. This weekend, the flank pain is worse than I remember it being up to this point. Sitting, standing, laying...it makes no difference. I am hurting pretty well even with the pain med.

One of the dialysis techs who regularly works with me is married to a renal transplant patient. In fact, it was because she had to learn to help him do home hemo that she became a dialysis tech! Anyhow, she is a fountain of information for me. This past Saturday she was telling me that post-transplant meds must be taken at exactly the same times every day, without fail. If for some reason you are sick and cannot keep your meds down, then get into the transplant team immediately so they can put you on IV meds until you feel better. It's those bits of info about my future that are incredibly valuable. Any such things I learn will always be passed on to you.
*Remember, educating yourself about everything that is coming up--no matter where you are in the process--will help you deal with decisions, absorbing incoming information, etc, so that you make the very best care decisions for you, and to help your loved ones understand what is happening with your care plan. The more you know, the easier this becomes from a mental/psychological standpoint! (Which, or course, affects your physical well-being, as well!)

My full labs were taken this past week...again...and everything is looking great! I won't go into the numbers because I save that for the top of the month labs. I just wanted to let you know that I am still as healthy as I can be.

That's all the news I can think of. Enjoy your upcoming week!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment