Friday, June 7, 2013

07 June 2013

I had my latest follow-up doctor visit with my Nephrologist yesterday, and I am pleased to report that my lab numbers indicate that I am "the healthiest dialysis patient [they] have at the clinic." In perspective, this is great news. It means that I am nowhere close to feeling like I could be should I have other health issues occurring right now, as well.
So, I'll take that good news!

Not much else to report about the office visit.
My lungs are clear of fluids--Excellent!--
my heart is clear of fluids or arrhythmia's--Outstanding!--
and all in all, I am fairly healthy for someone in End Stage Renal Failure.
Fabulous news!!!

While I was at the doctor's office yesterday, I saw an advert for further patient education about chronic kidney disease. It is an online site called, KidneySchool.org. The info is presented by Fresenius Medical Care, and is offered free of charge. I copied the two-sided brochure for you:

 
 




I've taken a good look at the site and it has some great info. This is especially true for patients who are new to this whole chronic kidney disease routine. So go take a look, do the activities and learn about what you may be going through.
**This info will also be helpful to caregivers, family members, etc.

That's all I have for today. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment