Monday, October 8, 2012

07 October 2012

Things are going alright. Good days, bad days, and a lot of in-between days.

Weight Changes:

29 Sept 2012
Starting Weight: 105.2 Kg
Water Removed: 2.20 Kg
Ending Weight: 103.0 Kg

02 Oct 2012
Starting Weight: 105.7 Kg
Water Removed: 2.00 Kg
Ending Weight: 103.7 Kg

04 Oct 2012
Starting Weight: 106.4 Kg
Water Removed: 3.20 Kg
Ending Weight: 103.2 Kg

06 Oct 2012
Starting Weight: 105.2 Kg
Water Removed: 2.10 Kg
Ending Weight: 103.1 Kg

My weight remains in the same range all around. However, we can't hit my dry weight target. No one at the dialysis center has been able to hit it. I'm thinking of offering a giant chocolate bar to the first nurse or tech who can hit 103.5 kg's. That would make it fun for everyone!

Also, I finally just paid for that Lidocaine Cream after my Medicare turned down the coverage twice. I might still get a refund; but it doesn't matter because the stuff works! As instructed I apply it one hour before Tx (Treatment) and wrap the arm in cellophane. I apply about a dime's thickness on the fistula from an inch (or so) below the distal button hole to an inch (or so) above the proximal button hole, and about a half inch on eather side.
I am pleased to report that the canulation pain is reduced a good 90%, and, the stinging inside the fistula [after canulation] is completely gone! What a relief!!!

My appetite has been down this past week. I have also been feeling off most of the week, too. Plus, I have had really loose stools for nearly a week, as well. I figure that my body is going through one of those times that it is purging the intestines again. Assuming that is the case, my bowels should be settling down any day.

The headache, though ever present, is better...much better. All three off days last week were T3 free!
I did use regular Tylenol (2/500 mgs); but the headache has taken a major hit as far as overall pain level! On dialysis days the headache continues to spike; but even then I am taking two less doses (on average) on D-day than even a month ago. Today was an exception to this success. Because of trying to eat little in hopes of settling my intestines, the headache spiked again. However, I have 100% certainty that if I were feeling better, I would have had another T3 free day!

I had an appointment with the Neurologist this past Friday, told him the news about the headache, and he was so pleased that, in conjunction with my [recent] clean Cranial MRI, that the doc gave me neurological clearance! Yay!!! He is 100% certain that the headache is only associated with the onset of the S/S's of the kidney disease. He also stated that the fluid shift that occurs during dialysis commonly causes a headache; which explains the spike in pain during the Tx. GREAT news!!!

On a side note of great news, it seems that the effects of the now discontinued Minoxidil are finally wearing off...Thank Goodness! My knuckles no longer look like I'm a neanderthal, the hair on my head no longer sprouts like a weed patch in spring, and I am returning to my proud heritage of having very little chest or back hair.  :o)  (Hey! When you don't have much body hair your entire life, suddenly having a lot is maddening, to put it mildly!)

I am doing dialysis a day early to start the week. My Tx is scheduled for 4p Monday because I have to go up to the Murray, UT IHC Campus on Tuesday morning for two scheduled transplant requisites. I have the Transplant Education class at 0945a. This will last a couple of hours. I will let you know what it is all about.
Then at 1245p I have a Cardiac Thallium Stress Test. This test is simply to assure that I am having zero cardiac issues. Again, I will let you know about it.

I am also working on getting the Dental Exam/Clearance set up; which will just leave the colonoscopy to do, and I will be done with the Transplant requisites. After that, I need the double nephrectomy, and then, a living donor. We're getting there!

That's it for now! Have a great week.

I will write again to tell you about the Tuesday class/test.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment