Friday, May 28, 2021

Post-Transplant Rejection Update: 28 May 2021

 I was finally able to get the first of my Wuhan Virus vaccinations on Tuesday (25 May).


I had the Pfizer vaccine injected into my L deltoid, and awaited the onset of symptoms.

These started during the night when I awoke to empty my bladder and noticed that I was noticeably warmer.

As the night progressed, a definitely non-TMD headache started coming on that was very intense. This has persisted through as of this writing today (28 May), and will likely continue. The headache is centered just behind my temples, and feels far different from any TMD headache. Even meds barely keep it in check.


On Wednesday morning, I was feeling OK; but as the day progressed, I started feeling like I had the flu. Even two days after the onset, I still feel like that!

Additionally, I've had body aches, lack of hunger, lethargy, and even had my eyesight compromised like I've had an eye exam and my pupils were dilated. This fuzziness is better today, but still present; and, it seems to get worse as the evenings come on.

So, all of this is still happening three days after my first shot! I've talked to numerous people who have had symptoms [following the first Pfizer vaccine] last maybe two days, but rarely three. If I feel like this following the "introductory" vaccine,   I am absolutely justified in my worry with the side effects will have on my poor immune system with the second dose; which will be on 15 June.

So much to look forward to!  :o(


Alright...Next week I have June labs, as well as my next Nephrology visit. I will write another entry afterwards.

Until then, I hope that my US readers will have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend! I encourage you to take even just a few moments to remember that this "holiday" is not just a long weekend for travel, camping, cookouts or the start of summer; but for remembering all of those men and women in our history who fought and died so that we might be free from tyranny, and then to preserve our freedoms from those who would take it away. Their lives and sacrifices must never be forgotten!


Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment