Thursday, July 30, 2020

Transplant Rejection Update: 30 July 2020

(**Sorry everyone...I was rereading this post today and saw that some text was inexplicably dropped from what I had written. I did my best to remember what I had stated yesterday when I composed this entry.)

I was looking to post my labs results from this past Tuesday, but cannot access the website today. I remember a few of the major numbers, and will give them here; but will have to include the labs on my next posting.

*Creatinine:   4.34 (?)
*GFR:   15
*BUN:   60

All three of these numbers are, well, terrible. However, I do remember that the rest of my labs were actually pretty good. So again, a mixed bag of results.

Also, my last Allosure test [that I had taken on 14 July ?] came back exactly the same as my first test...  practically non-existent at .012%.


I have scheduled my [new] initial visit with the Transplant Committee. The all day visit will be on Monday, 10 August. Because I have been through all of this before, and know pretty much everything I need, my new Pre-Transplant Coordinator stated that my time that day could very well be shorter than everyone else who is being evaluated. 

I have continued my Bowflex workouts every other day, except in cases of severe headaches. I am now at the point that I am starting to burn fat on my "off" days, and recently broke down past the 120 Kg barrier that I have struggled to get to ever since my weight suddenly, inexplicably rose over and over again during a relatively short time span. That was over two years ago.
I have been in the mid-119 Kg's for five days now; almost making the weight a trend. If I can at least maintain at this weight for another few days, I will consider the weight loss to be permanent.

On my workouts, I am up to 50 pounds on each arm, and do my rowing at 45 reps, leg presses at 50 reps, and the other arm exercises at 50 reps each. Plus, I have added bicep curls at 25 pounds, doing 25 straight reps on each arm.

On the seated rowing, once I get to 50 reps at 50 pounds, I will add five additional reps; get comfortable there, then add five more reps for a total of 60 reps. Once I am comfortable there, I will separate the Seated Rowing from the rest of my workout, doing it every other day (on the non-workout days). I will actually drop the weight to a level yet to be determined, but increase my total reps. My goal here is to do the seated rows for 30 minutes straight; then work up to a full hour. This will get my cardiovascular exercise in several days each week, in addition to the upper body workouts an equal number of times.

Of course, this entire plan hinges on how I am feeling, and the speed at which I begin to feel worse as the rejection continues. Even then I am hoping to do as much as I feel up to.


The TMD in my R jaw joint is fighting back hard against the acupuncture. Following each of the last three treatment sessions, I have had a terrible headache that evening and all though the next day! Each time these headaches increased that did so rapidly, going from a 5-6 up to a 10 within and hour; then staying there no matter what meds I used, how much sleep I got, how much food I ate of how much I just did nothing. Those muscles have become so stressed again that they are doing what they did when I first began treating the TMD back in 1998...refusing to relax. This will not deter me however, and I will continue to get the acupuncture, and force the joint muscles into submission. 

Also on the acupuncture, the neuropathy in my feet seems to be getting better, but very slowly. I occasionally have a sudden sharp nerve pain in a toe, on the ball or arch of my feet, or just notice more of a tingling in certain areas than the burning that has been occurring since 2012. So, definite progress there; even if it is slow.


I had my first episode of dizziness on Tuesday. Always just happening out of nowhere, I had just returned from my lab draw and was unlocking the door into my house when it hit. While disconcerting, the dizziness was not so severe that I had to sit down, I did have to lean against the kitchen counter until it had passed; which took several minutes.


In general I am feeling OK. The headaches are, overall, manageable; my appetite is good; my energy level seems to be holding; I do NOT feel unwell at all; while I do smell ammonia on occasion, it is not yet regular or constant; my daily urinary output remains consistent and clear; but my twice-daily vitals are usually high.

Anyhow, that's all I have for now.

Next week is an unscheduled lab draw--my request; in order to have fresh labs for Infusion day. Also, I have my August infusion of Belatacept, which will be on Tuesday, 04 August, as well. 

Until next week then...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment