Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Post Transplant Update: 31 March 2020

Last week [during my now weekly lab tests], my Creatinine came back at 2.66; a drop of 0.20 from the retest the week before.
Today, my Creatinine took a not-so-nice jump of 0.62, to end up at 3.28. Plus, my BUN rose ten points, and my GFR dropped five. Both of those last two numbers moved in the wrong direction.

So, there is something wrong with the kidney.

I received a call from my Transplant Coordinator, asking if I was feeling OK; which I am. She was going to check with the Clinic doctors to see how to proceed. As of this writing, I have not yet heard anything back.

Also, last week, the Parathyroid surgeon ordered me to increase my calcium intake by 1,000 mg per day. Additionally, he ordered a Vitamin D test to see if my body is lacking proper Vitamin D. The test results for that have not yet been posted.

I do not yet know how anything will play out; but I suspect that either an ultrasound or a renal biopsy (or both) are in my near future.

As it has been two and a half years since the renal artery was opened, I am thinking that it is maybe time to have that opened once more. (But that is only guesswork.)

Anyhow, I will keep you informed.

Stay safe!
Practice social distancing, as required!
Wash your hands often!

Good Health to All!

ScottW


Update!
**(01 April 20) The test results for the Vitamin D came back. Here are the results with previous test history included:

(Normal Range 30-80)

31 Mar 20:   43     

11 Jan 18:   33

25 May 17:   46

22 May 17:   48

The level is within the needed range, so it would appear that Vitamin D deficiency is not the issue. I will await word from the doctor as to what, if anything, is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment