Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Post-Transplant Update: 03 July 2019

To start off, do you remember that I started another puzzle in late May after taking months to finish to previous (and extremely difficult) puzzle? Well, I finished the latest puzzle in less than a month. In total, I put in between 12-15 hours of work to complete the project. What is good, is that I am even better able to see the intricate patters of colors, shapes, etc in this 1000 piece, 26" x 26"  puzzle. The whole project took less time than I was anticipating.




The next puzzle will be smaller--just 500 pieces--but is a nearly monochromatic print of the Grand Teton mountains.

Next, more good news on the TMD headache front. Following the previous month of T3 usage (a 30 day Rx that was fully used over 30 days), my late-May to late-June Rx actually lasted a full 31 days! In early June, I had about seven or eight days wherein my headaches were actually minimal, and I was taking just 1 T3 each day, as well as Excedrin the rest of the day. During that time, my average daily usage of T3 fell from 3/day down to 2.35/day! This was excellent! And I can absolutely tell you how nice it was to have my headaches most controlled by regular OTC meds for awhile!
Unfortunately, the TMD decided to rear its ugly head once again, and the headaches and intensity both increased again; just as I said it likely would. During this time, I saw my daily average usage slowly increase to 2.5, then 2.7. At the end of this 31 days of the Rx, my daily average T3 usage was at 2.90. I think that for the first time since the TMD re-emerged (back in 2010), I am finally seeing a reduction in meds (both Rx and OTC) to control the headaches. Finally!

My walks have grown infrequent the past couple of weeks as I have not been sleeping well, and have just been tired most of the time. I don't know why my sleep has been so bad because I am dreaming just fine, am controlling my dreams all the time, and am sleeping between 6-8 hours each night. I am just not resting as well as I should be.

My nightly urinary output continues to vacillate, but I am remaining pretty steady with my weight. I will increase or decrease [my weight] anywhere between 0.0 -0.9 Kg from day to day. So, even thought my nightly output is erratic, my total daily output is consistent.

My abdomen is still sore from the hernia repair; though it is definitely better than it was, and is getting a little better every day. I noticed a few weeks ago that I can actually rest my hands on my upper abdomen without pain...for a time. However, direct pushing contact is still painful, and I still have muscle spasms in both the upper and lower abdomen over the area of the sutures used to stabilize the mesh. These spasms are becoming less frequent. Plus, I have little pain these days from the intercostal muscle cuts; which is great!

The neuropathy in my feet is still healing...very slowly. While I haven't needed to use any ice baths lately, the heat and numbness can get intense. On a good note, I am starting to notice different areas on my feet that are feeling less numb. 

Coming up this month, I have labs and Belatacept infusion next week, my yearly appointment with a cardiologist, a physical exam, and am working on getting appointments with a dermatologist, oncologist and scheduling an overdue colonoscopy. While these all won't be this month, it is time I get these visits done.

With that, I want to wish you all a Happy, Safe and Enjoyable 243rd Independence Day!    I also encourage you to take a few minutes to reflect of those great men who sacrificed so much in order to set us on the road to freedom. They should never be forgotten, never taken for granted, and always acknowledged for what they did for all of us today!

Happy 4th of July!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment