Monday, July 25, 2016

25 July 2016

Just a quick note today...

Due to the rather poor labs that were drawn earlier this month, the [dialysis]  clinic Dietitian had all my labs redrawn to verify the numbers. While I won't do the comparative illustration again, I will give the labs and a +/- number.

*Albumin 4.00 (-0.20)

*Hemoglobin 10.50 (-0.70)

*Calcium Corrected 10.3 (No Change)

*Phosphorous 4.00 (-1.80)

*PTH Intact 263 (+44)

*Potassium 5.30 (-0.50)

*spKdt/V 1.67 (No Change)

The only lab value that is now +/- accepted range continues to be the Calcium Corrected. However, that value is over the top end of the range by just 0.10, which is minimal. The dietitian has ordered a lessened Vitamin D injection during my dialysis Tx's. This should help lower that lab value.

Overall, I've been getting a break from my headaches since my last post. I've had a few days that found minimal or no headaches at all for most of the day. Even this past Tuesday--usually my worst headache day, due to the large post-weekend draw at dialysis--the worst of my headache was immediately following dialysis. After waking from my post-D sleep, the headache was greatly reduced...something I will never complain about!

My sleeping hours average and my daily food intake are unchanged from two weeks ago.  Going along with both, my energy level continues to be lower, as well.

I've been having an uptick in nausea again. However, with as poor as my appetite has been, this really comes as no surprise. The best I can do at this point is to try and manage the nausea through snacking/eating and using Zofran, Tums, etc as needed.

Those are the highlights of this update. Again, just a quick note today as I am not feeling well, at all. Noting specific; it's just one of those day that I just feel sick.

Until next time...

Good Health to All!

ScottW



No comments:

Post a Comment