Wednesday, January 13, 2016

13 January 2016

My first entry of 2016 will again be brief.

I did NOT have that fourth procedure in late December after all. The evening before it was to happen found my wife feeling sick, and since she's the one taking care of me post-surgery, I decided to postpone the procedure. I am now scheduled to go under the knife on 22 January.
While my wife getting sick was bad timing, the extra time between surgeries has been only beneficial to my healing. My R arm is looking great, and the soreness is nearly gone. Plus, my energy has only just begun to return. I am sleeping less, feeling better more consistently, eating better, and am on far less meds than just a week ago. By the time the next surgery happens, it shouldn't wipe me out as badly as anticipated.
The chest tube has finally grown to be more comfortable; though caring for it is a pain. The poor excuse for a shower I am able to take is barely enough to get me clean, and I have to have my wife wash my hair in the kitchen sink to keep the lumen and insertion point dry and free of contaminants. Oh well. The things we must sometimes do to stay alive...

Anyhow, it's already late, and I must be awake in just five hours for my next round of dialysis. Again, I WILL write this all out...hopefully before the next surgery. But no guarantees!  ;o)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Everyone!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment