Friday, December 11, 2015

News for December 2015

Since my last post, a whole lot has happened. For now, I will give you the short, short version. Once my body heals, I will write what happened in more detail.
While on vacation in Phoenix, the dialysis clinic there messed up my perfect fistula. As a result, they sent me away only with instructions to "find someplace to dialyze."
I ended up at Good Samaritan Hospital. While there I received a temporary Central line in my neck. I did two consecutive rounds of dialysis, had the line removed and came home.

The day after arriving home I had another Central Line placed, this time in my R upper chest. This one is also temporary.
Then this past Monday I was having surgery again (for the third time in just over a week!)
to place a graft that circumvents the blockage in my fistula. So now, I am dialyzing on my regular schedule, but through the Central Line. Once my arm heals, I will lose the line and start doing dialysis through the graft.
I am still obviously healing from everything, so my typing is extremely limited. It could be a few more weeks before I write another entry.
In the meantime, I wish each and every person reading this a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Happy New Year, too!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

P.s  My standing on the transplant list is unaffected! (Yay!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment