Friday, March 8, 2013

08 March 2013

24 Feb. 2013
(Love the purposefully horrendous outfit!)
 
That's me! I'm standing in the waters off Coco Cay, Bahamas.  It's hard to believe that I got back from the trip over a week and a half ago. 

Lots to talk about, so let's start with the cruise...

Royal Caribbean Intl is an outstanding company! They treated me with only the greatest respect, and assisted me readily any time I asked. The ship, The Monarch of the Seas, was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the entire trip was nothing but memorable.

I arrived in Florida on Wednesday, 20 February. The first day was spent with family, which was thoroughly enjoyable. I got the chance to run their dogs ragged by throwing their ball constantly for about two hours. They were so tired that night that they almost didn't eat! On the morning of the cruise I had my first of the trips' two dialysis Tx's. Being that it was at my normal dialyzing time, this was no big deal.

The employees at Davita Orlando East were exceptional in their duties.

Johnathan, my Tech for the first Tx was ready for me as all my info was waiting. The Tx went well, and seeing the different protocols (as established by the State) was interesting. In fact, the entire staff seemed genuinely happy to see me, and they were excited that I was going on a cruise. I weighed in at a hefty 109.0 Kg's, and, true to form, gave back too much, leaving at a slim 103.6. Nearly five and a half Kg's. Needless to say, but I was wiped out. That's a LOT of weight to drop in four hours. After getting on the ship, setting off and getting some food, I went to my cabin and slept most of the rest of the day and night.

The cruise itself, which we drove to right after Tx,was phenomenal. Like I stated, everything was beyond fantastic. I was sure to watch the sodium intake on all foods, and conserved my strength as best I could for the second stop, Coco Cay--the RCL's privately owned island north of Nassau, in the Bahamas.
So, on our stop in Nassau, I stayed aboard and wandered the ship, taking lots of pics with my HTC phone, my Samsung tablet and a small Nikon. Here are a few of Nassau Harbour...

 

(Atlantis Resort rises above Nassau Harbour. 23 Feb 2013 SW)

The entrance to Nassau Harbour, Bahamas. 23 Feb 2013 SW)

(Entering Nassau Harbour, Bahamas. 23 Feb 2013 SW)

(Looking out over Nassau, Bahamas from the deck of The Monarch of the Seas.
23 Feb 2013 SW)

I'm glad I stayed aboard in Nassau because I heard from numerous people that everything was a long walk from the ship, and I just couldn't have done that.

So, I think I'll stop this entry here...a good place to do so. It's late, I'm tired, and it just gives everyone something more to look forward to. I will try to get this finished up in a day or so.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment