Monday, April 26, 2010

25 April 10

I had a new, major S/S show up to day.

Well, maybe not show up as much as become far more obvious.

After I woke this morning I was sitting with my legs elevated and noticed that my feet looked 'stretched.' They were definitely swollen. I did a quick *rebound test on my feet, ankles, and mid-calf height on my legs.
*A rebound test is used to check for edema (usually in the lower extremities). The test is done by gently pressing one finger on a given area, remove the finger, and observe the "rebound" of the skin to both normal color and position. Most healthy people have a rebound of less than one second.

When I did the rebound test over the areas noted above, my average time was +2.5 [seconds]. I knew I could see the edema last week; now it is clearly evidenced as a +2.5 is a huge leap in the level of edema. It looks like the kidneys may have taken a bit of a dive. If so, I am not surprised. I wish it would have waited longer, but I'm definitely not surprised.

So, on I go. Let's all look for an outstanding week ahead!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment