Wednesday, April 14, 2010

14 April 10

Well, I'm pretty darned certain that my new back pain is indeed my kidney's.

While I was at my weekly PT, the doctor gave me a percussive test on the area around my kidney's. Basically, a percussive test is a light to moderate tapping of a cupped hand over a given area of the body. It is usually used for respiratory patients, but can be used elsewhere. The test sends small sound waves into the [tapped] area looking for either sound variations (lungs), or physical response (such as wincing).

The test today showed definitive tenderness over both kidney's, with the R kidney showing greater sensitivity. The doctor stated that he was only using a light tapping.

This just confirms what I have been suspecting since the pain evidenced on Saturday morning. Now, I only need to see the blood tests.

Friday's nephrology appointment will be quite interesting...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment